Hamilton Historic Main Street
What is Main Street?
The Texas Historical Commission (THC) designated Hamilton as an official Texas Main Street community in 2020. The Texas Main Street program is part of the Community Heritage Development Division of the THC, and focuses on the Four Point Approach of organization, economic development, design, and promotion with community involvement and volunteer support.
The Hamilton Historic Main Street program preserves and enhances Hamilton’s history and historic architecture to be an inviting destination for small businesses, residents, and tourists to eat, play, shop, and explore.
We will utilize the Main Street principles of Organization, Promotion, Design, and Economic Development to preserve Hamilton’s small-town charm, promote our businesses and attractions, and encourage small business growth in our community.
Thank you Hamiltonians for taking this year’s survey! We are working to analyze the data collected from the Community and Stakeholder Surveys and will share the results when possible.
Main Street America COVID-19 Resources
This webpage provides helpful resources that include CDC, SBA, US Department of Labor, and US Chamber of Commerce information. In addition, there is a list of Funding & Business Support and Webinars that can assist local businesses.
- Open Sign for Business Doors: PDF form businesses can fill out based on their situation and post on their doors.
- Open Sign for Facebook Profile Picture: JPG image businesses are free to use for their Facebook pages or other websites.
- Open Sign for Facebook Background Picture: PDF form businesses can fill out, save as a .jpg file, and post on their Facebook pages or other websites. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Tax Credits and Other Incentives
Although Hamilton does not yet have a district that is on the National Register of Historic Places, property owners can apply for individual recognition of their historic buildings and receive tax credits. Please see the links below for more information.
- Federal Rehabilitation Tax Credit Program
- Texas Historic Preservation Tax Credit Program
- Tax Credit Programs FAQs
- Request a Determination of Eligibility
- Historic Designations in Texas
Don’t forget about our local incentives too! Check out our Hamilton EDC main webpage for more: