Hamilton Historic Main Street
What is Main Street?
The Texas Historical Commission (THC) designated Hamilton as an official Texas Main Street community in 2020. The Texas Main Street Program is part of the Community Heritage Development Division of the THC, and focuses on the Four Point Approach of organization, economic development, design and promotion with community volunteer support.
The Hamilton Historic Main Street program sees our downtown as an inviting destination for residents, businesses, and tourists, and we hope to preserve and enhance Hamilton’s historic architecture through the growth of small business in our commercial district.
We will utilize the Main Street Four Point Approach guidelines of Organization, Promotion, Design, and Economic Development to encourage the preservation of Hamilton’s small-town charm; and to promote patronage of our downtown businesses and attractions, and plan for the positive economic environment needed for entrepreneurial growth of small business in our community.
We want to hear from you! We are creating an action plan to make visible improvements to help attract and sustain our town’s businesses. We are releasing two types of surveys:
- Community Survey: for the entire community and available here.
- Stakeholders Survey: focused on property owners, business owners, and employees within the district who we will contact directly for their input.
Part of our vision and mission is to support our local businesses, which is especially important now in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Please see below for a list of ideas partially collected from Main Street America and Texas Main Street call conferences that may be helpful for our businesses at this time:
- Economic Vitality Ideas among the Coronavirus Pandemic: A 3-page list of ideas that can help for short- and long-term company goals.
- Main Street America COVID-19 Resources: This webpage provides helpful resources that include CDC, SBA, US Department of Labor, and US Chamber of Commerce information. In addition, there is a list of Funding & Business Support and Webinars that can assist local businesses.
- "Open for Business" Marketing Campaign: An idea to quickly help consumers learn how your business is adapting during this changing environment:
- Open Sign for Business Doors: PDF form businesses can fill out based on their situation and post on their doors.
- Open Sign for Facebook Profile Picture: JPG image businesses are free to use for their Facebook pages or other websites.
- Open Sign for Facebook Background Picture: PDF form businesses can fill out, save as a .jpg file, and post on their Facebook pages or other websites. Example below: