What can I do if I think my meter has been misread?

You can contact the City at 254-386-8116, ext. 2 and find out what your last reading was and then compare it to what your meter is currently reading. The City does take customer requested re-reads, but please note that if the reading is correct, there will be a $25 service charge added to your utility bill.

Show All Answers

1. Can I put the utilities in my name for someone else?
2. Does someone have to be at the location for utilities to be connected?
3. What can I do if I think my meter has been misread?
4. I have already moved out of town and need my utilities cut off, can I request this service over the telephone?
5. I have recently gotten divorced. How do I get the account changed to reflect the divorce decree?
6. I have recently gotten married, how do I get my name changed on my account?
7. I have moved out. How do I get my name off a joint account?
8. If I am out of town and cannot make it into City Hall, can I send someone in with my information to do my connect for me?
9. Can I connect my utilities over the phone?
10. What are your hours?
11. How much does it cost to connect utilities?